Saturday, 7 March 2015

My beauty room


A few months ago my partner and I moved house. I have been thinking about turning our second bedroom into my beauty room and today I did just that.

I have thrown out so many old eye shadows and finally sorted my bobby pins / hair grips! (My boyfriend is forever going on about my bobby pins being everywhere.)  

I had loads of boxes from gift sets at Christmas that I couldn't chuck out so for now they have 'stuff' in them.

I have my hair brushes in a Soap and Glory round pot at the back. Next to this is a DKNY perfume gift box which holds all my creams, sprays and Qtips.

In front of the Soap and Glory tub I have two clear glass jars.  The one with a lid holds all my mascara's, eyeliners, lip gloss and lip liners.  This is my bargain jar - £1 from local charity shop. Next to this is a jar full of makeup brushes.  Again another bargain jar - Douwe Egberts coffee jar :D
  


The taller of the 3 pink jars are candle holders from M&S purchased last Christmas then the small pink Jar is a recent purchase from Primark.  I pulled the labels off before this post so I have no idea of the cost or scent! Lesson learned here as it smells great. I will find out what and how much for you though. 

The small jar with my cotton pads is an old cream jar that I cleaned out. 

In the draw I have used the 2 parts of my birchbox from last month.  These hold all of my blush, shadows and odd makeup pots. In the back is all my bare minerals pots held in the Soap and Glory lid.


Finally in the cupboard I have my nail polishes in my white basket then a mix of new products, minis and travel pots. 

How do you store your makeup? Send me your blog post links.  I am always looking for inspiration. 

6 comments:

  1. You're so lucky to have a beauty room!! I can't wait to get a bigger place so I can have a vanity and proper makeup storage x

    Farzana | Aspiring Londoner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it doubles as a spare room but its so much fun saying I have my own beauty room :) I really need to get a Nail polish rack for my wall. I don't like them being hidden away.

      Rosie'e Beauty
      xx

      Delete
  2. Hi Rosie, you are so lucky to have another room just for all your beauty items! Love the use of jars as well I have a few for my brushes and eye pencils as well. I found Muji really useful for makeup storage they do these amazing clear storage boxes/ drawers that you might find useful.
    Aarti x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Aarti,
      Thank you for your comment.
      I really want to get some small glass stones and a long large jar for the brushes but that is something for a later date.
      I will take a look at your suggestion as i could do with better than lids to fit in the draw.
      Thanks
      Rosie
      x

      Delete
  3. It always feels so good to organize everything and have a bit of clear-out of old products! I always find I rediscover so many old-favourites, too. You've definitely made me want to have a massive sort-out at the weekend! Such a good idea using old beauty boxes to neatly store things in drawers :)

    Alice from Alice Grace Beauty

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know and I am surprised at how easy i have made my morning by doing this.
      I did discover that I have a collection of 20 something BarryM nail polish!! I just can't bring myself to chuck them before replacing the colour.
      I have added a new jar to the table. Its a small Nutella Glass jar. This now holds my Q-Tips. :)

      Thanks
      Rosie
      x

      Delete